Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jack Sawyer Kray

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busier than I've ever been in my life lately. Besides the full time job of waiting on my baby to be born and taking care of Katelyn (my fiance, whose lovely countenance you may freely look upon, just swing your eyes over to the right and there's a picture of us there), I've been editing and writing and writing and editing. And sometimes I go to my job too.

So, in the interest of brevity, I'll make a list of updates on my life, for those (all two or so) of you who care.

Jack Sawyer Kray has apparently decided that being born isn't really for him, and he is now 5 days over-due. If he isn't born today, we go to the hospital tomorrow so Katelyn's labor can be induced. After that I will be living in a world of hand-holding and abuse-taking until he's born and my life becomes better than I can even imagine right now. It's very weird how I'm totally in love with a little guy who hasn't even been born yet. Like I said, I can only imagine how I'll feel once I've met him.

Adam, my agent, and I have finally finished up the partials and proposal for the zombie books. The titles we are selling with are Bible Camp Zombies: A Love Story, and Bible Camp Zombies: The Hunger. (I know The Hunger isn't very good, and I encourage you to let me know if you have a better idea.) It's currently with one editor and he's making a list of the other editors he'll be sending it off to. Hopefully it's a quick sale for lots and lots and lots of money.

Unfortunately, Katelyn's grandfather, one of the greatest men I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, passed away two days ago. Jack's namesake, Jack Mulhall will be missed by thousands of people. I'm literally in awe of all the good he's done in his life and I can't think of a better person to name our first son for.

So that's my life in a nutshell for you guys. I'll be posting a little more frequently and I'll bring the funny in these following posts so that my blog is back to the laugh-o-rama you are used to. (Or if not laugh-o-rama, at least a little "heh" every now and then.)

Email me if you want updates on the baby, which, as a proud father, I am only too happy to give, or if you have title ideas for me! Richiekraysemail@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the books! I think the titles, for now, sound good

    ReplyDelete